Friday, April 11, 2008

Currently reading....

Well not what I want to be reading,which is The Other Boleyn Girl. I am currently reading Longitudes and Attitudes by Thomas Friedman. For those who are unfamiliar with the name, he's an op/ed guy for the New York Times. I'm a more Maureen Dowd type gal myself and of course my personal favorite, the late Mike Royko. Why am I reading what I find to be a rather self aggrandizing, albeit by all means deserving, macho kind of opinionist? Well, because he's the reason for a very aggravating hitch in my otherwise picture perfect :cough here: but you get the idea, marriage. My husband was for the Iraq war. Needless to say, I wasn't. We used to discuss this and still I wait for him to come back to the light side. Lately though his pat answer has been, "read Longitudes and Attitudes". So I am hon, I'm up to page 280, know more about Oslo and Arafat than I could possibly care to know but, nope, still totally against this war. I really hope you appreciate my effort.

1 comment:

Juli said...

LOL! So what are you making HIM read? Make it something REALLY good, like Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood! LOL!!!!!!