Sunday, April 13, 2008

Letting go...

I started sewing a few months ago and it's a great hobby ! Fabric picking is still my favorite part. Probably because my finished products still leave me in doubt of any genuine talent. My four year old loves the whole shebang :), the process, she sits under the table and pushes the foot pedal, the planning, and is delighted with the finished products ! Most of the time anyway, which is enough to keep me sewing. We've been so content in our little world of fabric and fashion shows, Vera Wang had nothing on us. No more, sitting in hubby's car are two batik beach skirts meant to be dropped at my mother in law's for, get this, someone besides my daughter. Now I've already sent finished pieces for my accomplished seamstress MIL's inspection and basked in her approval, but they always came right back home. This is different, these are for my nieces, one of which is seven and quite the fashionista. Project Runway judges have nothing on a hip seven year old. I'm an optimist. I mean, hey, I easily see redemption in Arthur Miller plays. In my world she and her sister are already proud beach belles in their new skirts. Maybe I'll visit the garage and check them over one more time.

1 comment:

Juli said...

You didn't send me pics!!!!!!! The girls are going to LOVE their skirts! WTG!