Sunday, April 20, 2008

Walmart of course...

Why I was total white trash mommy at Walmart. Two Christmases ago a friend put Ky's bike together. For like a year I'd yell at her JUST PUSH THE PEDALS, IT ISN'T HARD, OMG WHY CAN'T YOU PUSH THE PEDALS !!!!!!!!! Then realized said friend screwed up and the pedals were practically stuck :X Of course by then Ky is completely freaked by bikes. Went to playmates and she's flying on playmate's bike after I push her a bit. She couldn't handle it and fell over, which happens all the time to her because she has my coordination. So I figure I'll get her a bike for Easter next week. We're in Walmart "playing around" with them and she fell over on a 16" immediately upon sitting. She decides "BIG BIKES ARE NOT FOR BIG GIRLS" and wants the tiny one. It's only 30 BUCKS ! So I grab it after she proves she can work the pedals. Get through the store 200 bucks later and she can't ride THE JUST PAID FOR bike !!!!!!!!!!! So I'm afraid it's another dud. Finally she manages to get to the exits. We're leaving and I'm all "C'mon Ky, I've never seen a kid have some much trouble with TRAINING WHEELS" realizing the people must be thinking holy shit, the kid's first bike and what a freaking bitch :X So I'm all sheepish "it's her second bike, excellent Ky, you're doing great, WOW, we're really moving now ".

1 comment:

Lara said...

Aw, poor Ky! Love your narrative, though. I can sense the exasperation, and I know that's exactly how I would be, too! I hope she makes some progress . . .