Wednesday, July 30, 2008

4 or 14...










What a summer it's been and it's not halfway through yet. Ky has fished, is swimming, begs money for snack bars and bake sales, and insists I stay yards away while she ponders brownies and Airheads. She shower all by herself now, cleans her room, and this morning cleaned the rest of the house. Better than mom I might add on some days. I don't where my baby has gone and I enviously eye the teeny toddlers running circles around the lake. But I have conversations now with other moms on my son's swim team for the first time in years, and they forgive I never had a chance to learn some of their first names before. So I guess I just have to suck it up my baby is growing up and leave the magic of toddlerhood to those sweaty, harried, tired, lucky moms chasing those precious babies. Maybe I should introduce myself.






3 comments:

CA Girl in 10-OC said...

Awww!! That's what Grandbabies are for!!

Juli said...

You're OBVIOUSLY not paying enough attention to her. What's wrong with you?!?!? And someone should call CPS on you for forcing that child to clean your house!!!!!!

(mean enough?) ;)

Regi S. said...

I did lose her twice at the lake yesterday :X