Thursday, August 21, 2008

Bob Hope's best line?

YouTube - Best Bob Hope movie line

I don't know, I've seen a lot of Bob Hope movies and found a whole lot of lines funnier than this one. It's a fave among conservatives of course, but I have to feel a bit bad for anyone that thinks this is the epitome of funny, or maybe envious of all the great lines they obviously haven't discovered yet. Anyhoo, that said this currently staunch Democrat (at least until Bush/Cheney is outta there. I used to be more this YouTube - Richard Jeni - Political Parties party) is hoping for a little voodoo on both sides of the aisle, at least enough to ward off the absolute evil that has gone on between opposing parties. Heaven knows this little roost has seen it's share of overheated political arguments. My line was drawn against Iraq since one of my favorite nephews was already in the National Guard. He's been home safe in MN :knocking on wood: almost a month now from Iraq and :waiting patiently: is on his way to visit his old NY auntie any time now. I'm still anti-Iraq war, but I've managed to quell the absolute visceral hatred I'd been feeling for the current administration ( I know, I know, welcome to the conservatives versus Clinton world or hello pot, meet kettle). It's a process, and while it's highly unlikely Obama or McCain is the cure-all, I do know it might be nice to remember the immortal words of Rodney King. Or Martin Luther King. How about the teachings of "if he lived today he'd be a liberal, conservative, fundamentalist, who supports Bush,Clinton,McCain,Obama" Christ the King? Or we can settle for the words of Elvis, can we all just bond over Elvis?

1 comment: