Friday, October 31, 2008

Random thoughts for October...

It's Halloween ! The day the veil between the living and dead is the thinnest, muhahahhahah, something to think about when you feel a chill in the room !



It seems nowadays children are being raised in families with less strict rules and expectations than general society. When the reverse was true people just did better. No wonder our prisons are packed. I'm damn proud to be a strict mom and telling my kids what they don't want to hear sometimes.



Whenever I hear rich conservatives talk about pulling up the proverbial bootstrap, poverty breeds enterpreneurism/innovation and handouts encourage sloth, I wonder why they don't just encourage their children to marry poor people and then disown them more often?





Why don't more well off liberals just admit welfare benefits keep crime down and it's a great reason to help the less fortunate and be self serving at the same time. Sometimes it's just not all about altruism.



October is my favorite month of the year and it flew by ! I feel like I've been robbed by all this election hoopla, we should move the election to the dog days of August.




No comments: